Fox News bans Rudy Giuliani from appearing on network: report

Fox News has banned former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani from appearing on the network for three months, according to a new report.

Giuliani was set to appear on “Fox & Friends” earlier this month on the morning of Sept. 11, the day marking 20 years since the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Giuliani was mayor of New York during that time.

“But the night before, host Pete Hegseth called Giuliani to say he’d been cut from the show and apologize,” Politico reported Friday.

According to Politico, Giuliani’s son Andrew, who is running for governor of New York state as a Republican, has also been barred from appearing on the network. However, a Fox spokesperson denied that the younger Giuliani had been banned, according to The Hill.

“But bookers have told both Giulianis the ban comes from the top, sources said. The former New York City mayor had been a fixture on the network,” Politico added.

Rudy Giuliani and Fox News are both currently facing defamation lawsuits from Dominion Voting Systems regarding claims about the 2020 presidential election and, in Fox’s case, the fact that some of those claims were made by guests during their appearances on the network.

“Rudy is really hurt because he did a big favor for Rupert [Murdoch],” a source told the outlet. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City.” (In 1996, while Giuliani was mayor of New York, his administration pushed for Time Warner to carry Fox News, then a fledgling network.)

In an appearance Friday on the “War Room” podcast, Giuliani called his reported ban “strange.”

“It’s really strange that I’m on probation at a time in which just about everything I said [about the 2020 election] is being corroborated,” he told host Steve Bannon.

“They’re actually reporting all the things they claim I misled them about now, because every time they report something in the New York Post, they’re reporting me — I gave it to the New York Post. … I gave them the hard drive, every fact they have comes from me.”

(Giuliani was likely referring to Hunter Biden’s hard drive, which the former New York mayor obtained.)

Giuliani is not the only high-profile former New York City leader to have “difficulty getting time on Fox after being a regular on the network,” as Politico put it.

Former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik “appeared live on the network just once on Sept. 11 — on Jesse Watters’ show — despite being a critical player in the aftermath of the attacks. Kerik wrote a letter to Fox Business Network President Lauren Petterson to complain, according to a source familiar with the matter,” the outlet added.

“I could not have been more disappointed with the Fox coverage on the 20th anniversary of September 11,” Kerik told Politico in a statement. “Then they chose to intentionally ignore Mayor Giuliani who was, and who according to their own coverage for the last two decades was America’s hero on the day and in the aftermath of the attack. Regardless of reasoning, I think this was another demonstration of Fox’s cowering to the far left.”